What’s up everyone, I hope you’re having a great day. I’ve got some really easy, delicious, post-workout meals you can make for yourself or share with another. These meals are of course are pack-full of protein and the other important essential vitamins and minerals our body needs to repair itself after a great workout. These ideas are also pretty great as just regular meals any other day of the week! 😊
All of these recipes are vegan and gluten-free
Strawberry Short Cake Smoothie
- 1 Cup Rice Milk
- 1 Big, Ripe Banana
- 3-5 fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 2 TBS Hemp Seeds (you can use chia or flax, but hemp brings out more flavor)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Dates
- 1 TBS Almond butter (this is what really makes the recipe come together. You can use peanut butter or Cashew butter instead, but Almond butter is best.)
- 1 Cup of Ice
- Blend all ingredients into the blender, add the ice after all the ingredients have blended, or during blending.
Roasted Chickpea Salad
- 1/2 a can or 1/2 a cup of cooked chickpeas.
- Mix 1 tsp of olive oil OR water+ dried herbs such as:
- Garlic powder, Paprika, Basil
- 2-3 cups of Greens
- Raw, fresh vegetables. I recommend 3 or more including:
- 1/2 of a Bell Pepper
- Diced Tomato
- Red Onion
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 leaves of Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1TB Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Bake Chickpeas @ 400F for 10 minutes
- Blend the dressing ingredients. Add small amounts of H20 depending on how thick or thin you want it
- Put everything together in a big bowl and mix it up!! Enjoy~
*Remember to wash and chop all greens and raw veggies
**Add quinoa to this recipe for more protein and a more filling meal.
Stuffed Corn Tortilla Wraps
I just came up with this recipe and it is SO EASY AND GOOD!
Obviously, since you need cooked items, I recommend cooking them in an instant pot or the night before. I also recommend adding vegetables such as peppers and onions to the rice or beans you’re making for extra flavor!
- 2-4 Small Corn Tortillas
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Cup of cooked Beans
- black, or pinto, or refried beans or all three together~
Vegan Sour Cream:
- 3/4 Cup Cashews (you can also add 1 thick slice of tofu with the cashews for extra creaminess and protein!)
- 1 Juice of a lemon
- Salt + Pepper
- H20 depending on how thick or thin you want it.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Blend Sour Cream and put it in the fridge, or in the freezer for 5-10 minutes while waiting for the wraps to cook.
- Pro Tip : Corn tortillas crack super easy. Microwave the corn tortillas 2 at a time for 17 seconds between two damp paper towels.
- Simply spread the rice and bean mixture onto the corn tortilla, roll it up and put in the oven for 15 minutes.