*Disclaimer: These recipes will be at their optimum, as long as you do not substitute or mix with any animal-based products. There are thousands of recipes that use cows milk, meat, & cheese. This is not one of those recipes. Plant-based foods are what your body needs and has been looking for in order to truly thrive. If you do not have one of the ingredients, please try to substitute with another plant-based food, or omit it.
‘Oats in a Bottle’
This recipe is perfect if you’re “on the go”. You can eat these oats hot or cold, or if you’re special like me: right off the stove.! 😬 The oats and the seeds will definitely give you that satiated feeling, even when you’re in a rush in the mornings. As soon as you’re to your destination, it’s easily manageable being that it’s in one glass bottle (also microwavable). Just don’t forget the spoon!
- 1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup of Plant-Based Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Seeds (chia, flax, hemp)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon/nutmeg/pumpkin spice powders
- 1 – 2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp of sweetener (Maple syrup, agave, stevia)
- However Much Fresh or Frozen Fruit You Could Possibly Shove In the Bottle <<<
Cook Time: About 7 Min
Directions: Mix dry ingredients first! Pour in plant-based milk and stir for a minute or so before adding the cut up fruit!
Alternative Directions: Put all dry & fruit ingredients into a bowl, pour plant milk over when ready to eat. (Also a good time to microwave if desired)
‘Banana Berrii Smoothie’
This is personally my favorite smoothie of 2017! I’m sure there are similar recipes but I created this from my heart. It’s such a sweet treat it should be a dessert topping instead, I swear. It has just the right amount of thickness to keep you full a couple hours. The one thing you don’t need to be afraid of is drinking fresh fruit smoothies in large amounts. 💯 Fruits are friends.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- *3 Dates 👈🏾
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen Strawberries
- 1/3 cup of fresh or frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp of Peanut or Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp of seeds (chia, flax, hemp)
- 1 1/2 cups of Plant-Based Milk
Cook Time: About 5 Min
Directions: Throw everything in there, in order. Add that delicious plant milk and top with more seeds. Adding coconut shreds inside or on top is my favorite way to add a little extra sweetness.
‘Tofu Scrambz & Avo Toast’
I enjoy making this meal for more than just myself. It’s warm and filling, perfect to share with the whole house on slow mornings or the weekend. I enjoy a warm breakfast once or twice a week to balance out the cool smoothies I drink most mornings. In this specific recipe, I use rice as the base but using baked baby potatoes was my second choice. Yummy!
- 1 Container of Tofu (Extra Firm)
- Seasonings (Tumeric, Oregano, Basil, Pepper, Garlic Powder etc.)
- 1 cup chopped Onions (any)
- Fresh Chopped Garlic (however much you like~)
- 1 cup diced Mushrooms
- 2 cups of chopped Raw Spinach
- 2 Cups of Rice
Cook Time: About 15 – 20 Min
Directions: Cut & press tofu thoroughly, so it is not as wet. & put it to the side to continue the dry process. Sautee onions and garlic in a large skillet. You can use a bit of olive oil or water in the pan. Add tofu by crumbling it up in your (clean) hands over the skillet. Stir and add mushrooms. This is the best time to add the seasonings. Let cook for a bit, add spinach and black beans. Mix thoroughly, let the spinach cook for 2 minutes continually stirring, add some salt and serve rice and Avo Toast.
Avo Toast ~
- Try to Find Any bread that is not white bread (100% whole wheat.. Pita, Bagel, Sub, etc.)
- 1 ripe Avocado
- Seasonings (Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Basil, Oregano, Cumin etc.)
Directions: Toast your bread. Mix avocado and seasonings together in a bowl. Spoon and spread on top of toast. Yum!!!
Be Friendly. Be Open. Share your story.
Green Vibes Always ~ Emerald E